Create Pipeline Template for Verify signature on all incoming (Request) messages:
Pipeline templates are reusable policy pipelines and give consistency across the services to apply policies. To create a pipeline template follow the steps below:
1. From the Web Services Manager Control navigation pane, select Policy Management -> Pipeline Templates.
2. Click Add New Pipeline Template to add new pipeline template.
3. Select the type of component. Let’s choose Gateway
4. Select Pipeline Type from list. Let’s Choose: Request
5. Enter the name for Pipeline Template Name field. Let say: TestServiceEncryption
6. Click Next.
Now you can configure policy steps for pipeline. If you want to verify the signature of the service you can achieve with following steps:
- Log: to log the message with encryption key, if you require to log incoming message or you like to see logs for any other purpose. its completely optional step.
- Verify Signature : To verify the signature of incoming message
Click on ‘Add step below’ link and to create policy steps on template. Add above steps Log, Verify Signature by clicking ‘Add step below’ link twice and choose the step accordingly.
Once you done with above steps you need to configure each step individually.
- You can leave Log policy step with default values, to log entire message.
- Verify signature configuration need following details to enter:
Keystore location: Location/path of key store (explained in my earlier blog to cerate new digital certificate).
Verifying Key store Type: Choose jks from the list. Default to jks.
Key store password: password of key store while creation.
Signer’s Public-key alias: alias name of the key store specified while creation.
Remove Signatures: set true to remove the digital signature after verification.
Enforce Signing: set to true, so that all incoming requests are signed.
Once done with filling details above press ‘Ok’ button.
For more details please look into Oracle Web Services Manager Administrator’s Guide on following URL:
I will explain in my next blog: how to add above created pipeline template (TestServiceEncryption) to service in a Gateway.